Agenda (11am – 4pm EST)
On the 27th October the Digital Legacy Conference welcomed a range of fantastic speakers from a diverse range of backgrounds and skill sets. It took place at Siena College, Albany New York.
Digital Legacy Conference 2018 – Core Partners
re:imagine end of life (New York)
Each year the Digital Legacy Conference partners with different organisations to ensure that
Keynote provided by Facebook
- 10.30am: Continental Breakfast, Tea and coffee (compliments of the Albany Guardian Society) served outside the auditorium.
- 11.05am: Jennifer Muldowney (Tedx survivor, author of book ‘Say Farewell Your Way’, event planner and spokesperson worldwide on death, funerals and end of life planning.) Welcome and introduction to the conference. Overview about the digital landscape.
- 11.40am: Stephen Hans – (Funeral Director, Hans Funeral Home) – The Impact of Online Technology and Social Media on the Funeral Industry (30 mins)
- 12.10pm: Lee Poskanzer (CEO of Directive Communication Systems – DCS). – Digital Assets Directives – the law and online behavior (30 mins)
12.40pm – 1.20pm: Lunch available at Casey’s or the Dining Hall on Campus (fee)
- 1.20pm – 1.30pm: Antonio Estevan Huerta (singer/songwriter, marathon runner and world traveler) – A letter to David Bowie from a Palliative Care Doctor – reading
- 1.30pm: Dr. Carla Sofka Ph.D., MSW (Professor of Social Work at Siena College. Former medical and hospice social worker) – Digital Legacy, Social Media, and Grief in Today’s World (30 mins)
- 2:00pm: James Norris (Founder of the Digital Legacy Association, The Digital Legacy Conference & DeadSocial). – Digital Asset planning included as a holistic approach to an advance healthcare directive in the UK. (30 mins)
- 2:30pm: Shelby Lindblad (Product Designer at Facebook) and Kim Malfacini (Associate Manager of Product Policy at Facebook) – Memorialization and Legacy Contacts on Facebook (30 mins)
- 3:30pm: Jennifer Muldowney – Thank you & closing remarks.
- 3:30pm: Panel discussion (if there is time)
- 4:00pm: Close
To read the speakers bios from 2018 visit: visit: